Welcome, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting the NextEra Energy Canada, ULC ("NextEra Energy") family of websites (the "NextEra Energy Sites").
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and other indications of origin displayed within the NextEra Energy Sites are owned by NextEra Energy or a third party who has granted NextEra Energy a right to use them.
REGISTRATION AND SITE SECURITY
NextEra Energy uses industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with the NextEra Energy Sites. NextEra Energy service request forms use Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology during data transmission in an effort to protect your communication and maintain your privacy.
NextEra Energy does not knowingly reveal any personal information that is provided by our customers through the NextEra Energy Sites to any third parties, including between direct and indirect wholly-owned subsidiaries of the NextEra Energy, except when requested to do so by a governmental agency having jurisdiction, or by a court of competent jurisdiction or other operation of law. We endeavor to keep all information provided by customers using our online forms strictly confidential and secure in an effort to prevent unauthorized use of personal information.
By using the NextEra Energy Sites you agree to provide and maintain on our records, current and accurate personal information as indicated to you during our registration processes. If you provide any information which is inaccurate or outdated, or if we have reasonable grounds to question the truthfulness the information provided, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of any NextEra Energy Site (or any portion thereof).
You also agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any NextEra Energy Site. In addition, you agree to exit from your account at the end of each session.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECTION, AND THAT WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES.
RESTRICTIONS OF USE
All information, content and materials contained on the NextEra Energy Sites are the property of NextEra Energy or its licensors and is protected under U.S. and international copyright law. None of the information, content or material from any NextEra Energy Site or any internet site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our express written permission. The use of any information, content or materials on a NextEra Energy Site on any other web site or computer environment without our express written permission (which may be withheld for any reason) is strictly prohibited.
The NextEra Energy Sites are for your personal use only. You may not use the NextEra Energy Sites for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
NEXTERA ENERGY SITE RULES
The following is a list of rules you MUST follow in order to use NextEra Energy Sites. By using any of the NextEra Energy Sites, you represent the following:
- You will not submit or transmit any information or material that: (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be an invasion of another's right to privacy; (b) is offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; (d) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (e) infringes or violates any right of a third party or any domestic or international law, rule or regulation including, but not limited to: (i) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (ii) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (iii) any confidentiality obligation; or (f) does not comply with all terms and conditions applicable to the Submissions License.
- You will not submit or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the NextEra Energy Sites or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the NextEra Energy Sites.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity including, without limitation, using another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph.
- You will not delete any legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
- You will not engage in (or attempt to engage in) any type of criminal activity within the NextEra Energy Sites.
To the extent that any feature on a NextEra Energy Site requires you to submit your e-mail address in order to send an e-mail or message, you must, and you hereby agree to, furnish your actual e-mail address, as applicable.
Any business use, "re-mailing," or other high-volume application is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to send e-mails or messages using an automated program. E-mails and mobile messages may not contain inappropriate language or images or copyrighted material (without the consent of the copyright holder) or encourage illegal activity. We reserve the right not to deliver e-mails messages that violate these guidelines.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CHANGE THE NEXTERA ENERGY SITES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OF THE CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS APPEARING ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE NEXTERA ENERGY SITES FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
SUBMISSIONS TO NEXTERA ENERGY SITES
While we welcome comments and suggestions from our customers, unfortunately it is NextEra Energy policy not to accept or consider unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or materials. The purpose of this policy is to avoid the possibility of misunderstandings when projects developed by NextEra Energy may seem to others to be a product of their own creative work. We emphasize, please do not send us any unsolicited materials including but not limited to the following: pitches, ideas, concepts, suggestions, photographs, drawings, videos, audiovisual works, and/or other similar materials ("Unsolicited Materials").
You agree that any Unsolicited Materials you submit are not being provided in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and NextEra Energy in any way. To the extent any "moral rights," "ancillary rights," or similar rights in or to the Unsolicited Materials exist and are not exclusively owned by NextEra Energy, you agree not to enforce any such rights against the NextEra Energy or our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of our directories. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in sites listed in our search results or otherwise linked to a NextEra Energy Site.
SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT UNDER THE UNITED STATES PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995
The statements contained in this website, which are not historical facts, may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, deployment, scalability and integration of NextEra Energy in new and existing markets and the timing and breadth of coverage in each market. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in any forward-looking statements as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, dependence on strategic third parties to market and resell its services, intense competition for service offerings, dependence on growth in demand for electrical services, availability of electrical services space, ability to manage and scale operations, and other risks and uncertainties detailed in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings of its affiliates. NextEra Energy disclaims any obligation to update information contained in any forward-looking statement.
DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE
CHANGES TO THE FAMILY OF SITES
Attn: Customer Care
390 Bay Street, Suite 1720
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2Y2
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who are repeat infringers of copyright.